Orthodontics for Children
While many kids may visit the orthodontist before or around the age of 7, it doesn’t mean that braces will be put in place right away, it just means that our orthodontist will be able to spot any problems early on. Once we have analyzed your child’s specific issues, our orthodontist will formulate the correct treatment plan and be able to choose the most ideal time to start it.
Our orthodontist treats children for several issues such as:
- Crowded Teeth
- Overlapping Teeth
- Problems with Jaw Growth
- Problems with Tooth Development
Reasons to book a consultation for your child:
- Our orthodontist can spot minor issues with jaw growth and emerging teeth while baby teeth are still present.
- Straight teeth doesn’t always mean your child doesn’t need orthodontics. It’s important to get a thorough examination to detect problems that may have been overlooked.
- Bite check: while your child’s bite may be fine right now, our orthodontist can monitor development as they mature.
- Being proactive can prevent many serious mouth, jaw and teeth problems your child may face later on as a teenager or adult.
- Can correct habits such as thumb sucking that can be harmful to your child’s growth.
Our orthodontist can help influence where your child’s permanent teeth will come in by addressing the structure of their jaw and teeth while their baby teeth are still in their mouth.